Saturday, April 22, 2006

 

No Heat Salsa

Growing up in the Pennsylvania, we didn't eat Mexican food. What a loss! I found Mexican food for the first time when we visited relatives in Kansas when I was twenty. My cousin made us authentic tostadas and I was an immediate Mexican food fan. A few years later I moved to California with my husband and, well, let the Mexican fiesta begin!

Back then, jarred salsa was cheap spaghetti sauce with some jalepeno. Yuck. I started a quest to re-create a salsa that we found at a local mom and pop restaurant. To this day, I rely on this easy salsa that is so mild, young children lap it up.

No Heat Salsa

1-3 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 handful of cilantro
1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes (undrained)
1 squirt of lime juice (optional)

Place garlic into blender and whir until contents is stuck to the side of the container. Stick a handful of cilantro into blender. Add tomatoes (and lime juice) to blender and blend until smooth. Serve at room temperature or cool in refrigerator. Will store in refrigerator for a few days if uneaten... a rare occurrence here.

Comments:
Sounds delicious ladies! I will have to give it a try on Wednesday. It is my husband's birthday and he has requested Chicken Enchiladas for his dinner. Your salsa and some chips would go well with it!
 
We hope you and you family enjoyed it!
 
It really was delicious! Thank you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?